Trending >

Rogers partners with Trustwave to offer leapfrog SMB cybersecurity suite

RogersCybersecurityRogers Communications Inc., in partnership with global security firm Trustwave, has announced a new portfolio of cybersecurity solutions called leapfrog, designed to help Canadian small-to-medium businesses detect and combat global cyber-attacks.

A convergence of opposing challenges has created a decline in enterprise’s ability to deal with cyber-threats, with not only the scale and frequency of security breaches increasing, but also the relative shrinking of IT budgets, despite rhetoric and publicity trumpeting the need for improved security.

According to the 2015 Trustwave Security Pressures Report, 75% of enterprise IT departments do not have enough staff to concentrate on cybersecurity.

That combined with the fact that Canadian firms can take up to two months to even detect a security breach, according to the 2015 Trustwave Global Security Report, means that Canadian IT security for enterprise is dropping the ball.

“Cybersecurity is the number one concern for Canadian businesses of all sizes, and many lack the resources, time and expertise to manage the reality of cyber threats today” said Rogers Communications Enterprise Business Unit President Nitin Kawale. “We are introducing solutions to our customers of all sizes, with local and global operations, that are backed by one of the world’s cybersecurity leaders, Trustwave. These solutions are offered as a service to give our customers peace of mind knowing their networks and data are secured.”

Partnering with Trustwave, which specializes in threat intelligence, Rogers will be offering the leapfrog suite to small-to-medium size businesses early next year, providing a combination of real-time monitoring, diagnostic tools, and customer support designed to detect, prevent and resolve attacks against businesses.

“As a trusted re/insurance consulting and outsourcing provider, our business is grounded in the principle of providing our customer solutions based on secure, recoverable, and reliable systems, along with a positive experience – we cannot do that on our own,” said LOGiQ3 Vice President of IT Ian Sanderson. “As a growing mid-sized company, we rely on trusted suppliers to provide us enterprise security solutions entirely as a service.  With this, we can do more with less, and focus on growing our business, knowing that our information and data is well protected.”

The 2015 Canadian business leaders survey, conducted by Vision Critical, reveals that Canadian businesses spend 70% of their working life “keeping the lights” on and the other 30% “innovating”, suggesting furthermore that solutions aimed at helping SMBs with cybersecurity can help lighten the burden placed on Canadian businesses by international cyber-threats.

“In 2016, security spend in Canada will exceed $2 billion for the first time as organizations rally to defend themselves against cyber threats,” said IDC Canada Vice President of Infrastructure Solutions David Senf. “Only a mere 6% of security spend comes from Canadian small businesses yet they employ 50% of all Canadian workers. This key segment of more than 1 million businesses has been underserved by the security market to date. IDC sees a strong shift among Canadian organizations towards managed security services, as they try to fill their increasing skills and knowledge gap.”

We Hate Paywalls Too!

At Cantech Letter we prize independent journalism like you do. And we don't care for paywalls and popups and all that noise That's why we need your support. If you value getting your daily information from the experts, won't you help us? No donation is too small.

Make a one-time or recurring donation

About The Author /

insta twitter facebook


Leave a Reply