Tim Hortons Hockey Cards are collectible trading cards that are issued by the restaurant chain in Canada. The cards feature photos and information about NHL players, as well as special edition cards featuring Canadian women’s hockey players, junior hockey players, and hockey legends.
Each year, the seller of coffee and baked goods releases a new set of hockey cards. These are available for a limited time with the purchase of select menu items at participating restaurants. The promotion typically runs during the NHL season, and cards are distributed randomly with eligible purchases.
It might not be as popular as Roll Up to Win or Tims Reward Points, but the promotion is popular among hockey fans and collectors in Canada. Some people even trade the cards online or attend card trading events. In addition to the regular cards, the company also offers special edition autographed cards. These are highly coveted by collectors.
How long have Tim Hortons hockey cards been around?
The hockey card promotion started in Canada in 2014, making it a newer tradition. Since then, it has become a yearly promotion that is eagerly anticipated by hockey fans and collectors across the country. The promotion typically runs during the NHL season, with a new set of cards released each year. Each set features a mix of current NHL stars, up-and-coming prospects, and retired hockey legends. There are also special edition cards featuring women’s hockey players, junior hockey players, and more.
What are Tim Hortons Legends Hockey Cards?
On April 17, 2023, Tim Hortons released Tim Hortons Legends Hockey Cards.
“The Tim Hortons Legends Trading Cards features 180 of some of the best and most influential players to hit the ice, including: Wayne Gretzky, Hayley Wickenheiser, Patrick Roy, Angela James, Mario Lemieux, Ray Bourque, Jayna Hefford, Steve Yzerman, Martin St. Louis, and many more, the company said, adding: “A special feature of the Legends set includes five additional “World’s Best” inserts showcasing some of the greats from different countries like Canada’s Wayne Gretzky and Hayley Wickenheiser, the United States’ Brett Hull, Sweden’s Nicklas Lidstrom and Finland’s Teemu Selanne.”
Collectors can also win signed cards from the likes of Patrick Roy and Wayne Gretzky.
Are Tim Hortons hockey cards worth anything?
The value of the hockey cards varies depending on a number of factors. These include the player featured on the card, the rarity of the card, and the condition of it. Some cards may be more valuable than others, for instance if they are limited edition or autographed by the player.
While some collectors may be willing to pay a lot of money for certain cards, it’s important to note that the majority of hockey cards are not considered to be highly valuable in the same way that some other sports trading cards are. But for hockey fans and collectors in Canada, they can still be a fun and enjoyable way to celebrate the sport and show support for their favorite players.
What are the most valuable Tim Hortons hockey cards?
The value of the cards can vary greatly depending on a number of factors. While most of the hockey cards are not considered to be highly valuable, there are a few cards that have sold for significant amounts in the past.
For example, some of the limited edition autographed cards featuring star players like Connor McDavid or Auston Matthews can sell for hundreds of dollars or more. It also helps if they are in mint condition. Some rare cards, such as the 2015-16 Sidney Crosby “Clear Cut Phenoms” card, have also sold for significant amounts on the secondary market.
Overall, the value of the cards is largely dependent on supply and demand. Popular players and rare cards can fetch higher prices. While some cards may be valuable to collectors, most are collected for enjoyment and as a way to celebrate the sport of hockey.
Who was Tim Horton?
Tim Horton was a Canadian professional ice hockey player who played in the National Hockey League (NHL) for 24 seasons as a defenseman. He was born on January 12, 1930, in Cochrane, Ontario, Canada. He played for several teams throughout his career, including the Toronto Maple Leafs, New York Rangers, Pittsburgh Penguins, and Buffalo Sabres. Horton was known for his physical play, toughness, and defensive skills, and was a seven-time NHL All-Star.
After retiring from hockey in 1974, Horton founded a chain of coffee and donut shops in Canada that eventually became known as Tim Hortons. The chain quickly became popular and expanded across Canada and into the United States, with over 4,000 locations in 14 countries as of 2021. Horton died in a car accident on February 21, 1974, at the age of 44. It was just months after founding the first Tim Hortons location in Hamilton, Ontario.
Outside of Tim Hortons hockey cards, what are the most valuable hockey cards?
The most valuable hockey cards are typically rare and highly sought-after cards featuring the sport’s biggest stars. While the value of hockey cards can vary greatly depending on the specific card, player, and condition, here are some examples of some of the most valuable hockey cards:
- 1979 O-Pee-Chee Wayne Gretzky Rookie Card. This card is widely considered to be the most valuable hockey card of all time, and is estimated to be worth several hundred thousand dollars in top condition.
- 1951 Parkhurst Gordie Howe Rookie Card: Another highly valuable rookie card, the 1951 Parkhurst Gordie Howe card can fetch tens of thousands of dollars in excellent condition.
- 1911 C55 Imperial Tobacco Georges Vezina: This card features a portrait of the famous Montreal Canadiens goaltender and is considered to be one of the earliest and rarest hockey cards in existence. It can sell for tens of thousands of dollars or more.
- 1966 Topps USA Test Bobby Orr Rookie Card: This card was only distributed in limited quantities in the United States and features a young Bobby Orr, one of the greatest players in NHL history. It is valued at tens of thousands of dollars in top condition.
These are just a few examples of some of the most valuable hockey cards. Other factors that can impact a card’s value include its condition, rarity, and whether or not it is autographed.
Where can you buy Tim Hortons hockey cards?
The hockey cards are typically sold at participating locations across Canada. The promotion period usually runs from late September to early November. The cards are often included as a bonus item with the purchase of certain food or beverage items, such as a pack of Timbits or a coffee. The specific details of the promotion, including the availability of the cards and the purchase requirements, are typically announced by Tim Hortons through their website and social media channels and the Tim Hortons app prior to the promotion period. Some collectors may also trade or sell cards online through various marketplaces and forums.
Where can you buy a Tim Horton hockey card binder?
The hockey card binders can be purchased at participating locations across Canada. The promotion period usually runs from late September to early November. The binders are typically available for purchase as a standalone item or as part of a bundle that includes several packs of hockey cards and other promotional items.
In addition to official locations, some collectors may also sell or trade binders online through various marketplaces and forums. It’s important to note that getting a binder may vary depending on the location and timing of the promotion. It’s best to check with your local store or online marketplaces to find the most up-to-date information.
Rare hockey cards
Certainly! Hockey cards are collectible trading cards featuring professional hockey players. Rare hockey cards are highly sought-after by collectors due to their limited availability, unique features, or significant historical value. Here are a few examples of rare hockey cards:
- 1979 O-Pee-Chee Wayne Gretzky Rookie Card: This card is considered one of the most valuable and sought-after hockey cards of all time. It features Wayne Gretzky, who is widely regarded as the greatest hockey player ever. The card was produced by the O-Pee-Chee company and is known for its scarcity and high price on the market.
- 1911 C55 Georges Vezina Card: Georges Vezina was a legendary goaltender for the Montreal Canadiens. The C55 card set is one of the earliest hockey card sets, and the Vezina card is particularly rare due to its age and limited survival rate. It is highly coveted by collectors and can fetch a significant price at auction.
- 1966 Topps Bobby Orr Rookie Card: Bobby Orr is considered one of the greatest defensemen in NHL history. His rookie card from the 1966 Topps set is highly valuable and sought-after. It features a young Orr in action and is notable for capturing the early career of a hockey icon.
- 1979 O-Pee-Chee Gordie Howe/Mario Lemieux Rookie Card: This card is a combination rookie card featuring two hockey legends, Gordie Howe and Mario Lemieux. It was produced in limited quantities and is prized by collectors due to the inclusion of these two iconic players on a single card.
- 1951 Parkhurst Maurice Richard Rookie Card: Maurice “Rocket” Richard was a legendary Montreal Canadiens player and one of the first superstars of the NHL. His rookie card from the 1951 Parkhurst set is highly sought-after. It holds historical significance and is a valuable piece of hockey memorabilia.
We Hate Paywalls Too!
At Cantech Letter we prize independent journalism like you do. And we don't care for paywalls and popups and all that noise That's why we need your support. If you value getting your daily information from the experts, won't you help us? No donation is too small.