Here is the content currently trending at Cantech Letter…
1. The “watershed” acquisition of the company that owns the PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker brands is worth the premium price Amaya Gaming (TSX:AYA) will pay for it, says Cantor Fitzgerald Canada analyst Justin Kew
2. Many of the places the company has concentrated its recent efforts have high populations and relatively low penetration of smartphones.
3. Pattison Outdoor allowed this billboard from climate change deniers “Friends of Science”, but in 2011 rejected billboard space for an ad by Vancouver-based Voters Taking Action on Climate Change.
4. Globe and Mail tech writer Peter Nowak was on Jesse Brown’s CanadaLand podcast recently to talk about the corrupt, insular world of video game journalism. It’s one that bears more than a passing resemblance to the world of radio before the U.S. Senate began investigating DJ Alan Freed, in 1959.
5. Vancouver’s PenderFund Capital Management celebrated the fifth birthday of its Small Cap Opportunities Fund on June 1st, and at an investor day gathering in downtown Vancouver last Thursday, portfolio manager Dave Barr unveiled five year returns that are accelerating.